Tuesday, March 20, 2012

What I want in a President

With all the hullabaloo about the Republican Primary elections and delegates, I took the time to think about what I would want in a President. What I realized was that no one running for election right now fits the bill perfectly. I consider myself an independent voter, although I have
voted more times for Republican nominees more than Democrats, so I guess I’m not a “Straight ticket” type of guy. While I lived in Tennessee I voted for Phil Bredesen for Mayor. I was proved right. The greatest business increase for Nashville in the last 50 years can be attributed to Mayors Fulton and Bredesen. I moved back to IL in time to watch the Jack Ryan fiasco. I would have voted for Jack Ryan. But, David Axelrod Preferred to assassinate him publically, and instead of backing him, The IL Republicans preferred to drop him. Bad Choice on their part. We got State Senator “voting present” Obama.

What I see as I get older is how the people who are elected to represent us find more reasons to spend less time with us. I suppose the Georgetown political parties are more exciting. It seems that once they get elected they vote the way they want and want no accountability for it. The
Party seems more important than the people. Power seems more important than the constituents. The chasm seems to grow with each election. So I took the time to analyze why I voted for this one andnot that one. These are the qualities that I would want for the next president.
1. Knowing and abiding by the US Constitution. My belief is that the US Constitution is written in stone. It is not a living breathing thing; it is the rules of the entire nation. Something that we once all agreed on as the best way to be governed. I want him to understand what his position means along with the checks and balances to promote the best government for the people, not lobbying groups, party affiliations, Campaign contributors, and the like.
2. I would like my president to inspire the peopleto achievement rather than decide how they should live. I want him to understand that emotional outcry does not deserve legislative response. I want him to know that everyone is not a victim of the system, but a beneficiary of it. I do want him to discourage dependency on the Government and encourage personal achievement.
3. I want the president to know the law, but not be a lawyer. That is the job for the Attorney General. However, I don’t want the President to encourage laws that prioritize results based on race, gender, sexual orientation or any other discriminating reason. We are all American, we
are not born hyphenated.
4. I would like the President to have some military experience, preferably in a combat situation, to know what defending this country really means. It would also give him insight to the difference between controlling the people and leading them.
5. I would like the President to live by the law. When the constitution says defend against enemies both foreign and domestic, which includes Illegal aliens, gangbangers killing to make their bones and countries that hold our citizens hostage under phony charges.
6. I want the President to have been properly vetted in each state. I find it hard to believe that a President can seal all his personal life and still be electable. How can someone hide himself from the people he wants to lead? I would certainly like to see the next president set up an independent investigation into the current president’s eligibility to be president, and if he is found ineligible prosecute him and all those who aided and abetted him to the fullest extent of the law. Then I would want him to deal with the Constitutional crisis of unraveling every executive order and law that he signed.
7. I would like the President to be a man of some religious belief and understand that the people that he is leading are not just physical and emotional creatures, but also have a spirit that needs to be fed as well. This would change some current law as in abortion and the encroaching
Sharia Law as well as prayer in schools.

Upon further consideration, I suppose that person who I would want for president wouldn’t want to be president.

No comments:

Post a Comment